Message from David Johnson - NEISD Director of Aquatics
NEISD Aquatic Facility re-opening procedures have changed due to recent rulings made by the UIL (University Scholastic League) and TEA (Texas Education Agency) amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please read the following guidelines to be enforced based on these present rulings:
• Only NEAT practices will begin at the Bill Walker Pool/Josh Davis Natatorium on Monday, June 15, 2020
• ONLY 7th – 12th grade swimmers are allowed to practice
• ONLY swimmers enrolled in NEISD public schools are allowed to practice
• Review Entry/Exit Procedures
• Safety protocol and facility safety procedures will remain the same
• Physical Form/Medical History Form (posted in Rank One or at Aquatic Office)
• Signed Waiver (to be turned in the first day of training)
This is not intended to exclude anyone, but is part of an effort created by the UIL/TEA to get as many swimmers back in the water as safely as possible.
Hopefully, this gradual re-opening process will lead us back to normal operating procedures at all of our NEISD Aquatic facilities in the near future.
We apologize for having to change schedules previously sent to our families.
Please see the new schedule and a message from our NEISD Executive Athletic Director posted in links above.
David L. Johnson,
NEISD Director of Aquatics